Cleansers remove excess oil, dirt, sweat and dead skin cells from the skin.
Using gentle cleansers, warm water and rinsing the skin after cleansing is all that is required to clean the skin properly – and will minimize skin irritation. Cleanse the face twice a day only.
Look for products that are:
- Soap-free. Traditional alkaline bar soaps alter the natural pH level of the skin. This can lead to moisture loss, dryness and encourage the growth of bacteria. pH balanced cleansers are a good choice.
- Alcohol-free to lessen drying effects.
- Oil-free to limit clogging of pores
- Free of abrasive materials such as large, rough exfoliant chips.
And may contain:
- Salicylic acid, glycolic acid or benzoyl peroxide in the ingredients as these will help to unclog pores by removing excess oil and dead skin cells.